Friday, June 5, 2009

Iron Knee

Our team took up another race this past weekend. A short haul of 25km, called the Iron Knee.
This was actually my first race in a while after taking last year off. It was also a little pre run before Knee Knacker. One thing I learned-must do long runs before KK50. I have been running consistently but need t get a few 5 hour runs in....

The conditions were amazing, 27 degrees, not a cloud in the sky and the trails were bone dry! Summer is here. I don't know the elevation of this race, but the course generally starts with a long gradual climb to about 6 km in. I thin overall the course may lose elevation which when you have some extra weight to roll out like I do, gravity is your friend.

Not only did I toe up, Lisa Polizzi, Cheryl Beatty also did. Of course they are both running well and finished 2nd and 4th respectively. Gary, Aaron, Aaron, Ryne and Ellie decided to sit this one out but were there for the support at the end.

Thanks to North Shore Athletics for a great event. Their events continue to be be the best organized around!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great write up. Yeah Gary seems to be good a ready for States. Lets hope he keeps it together the next three weeks.